The Emacs community has produced a number of extensions to Flycheck. This page lists all that we know of and can safely recommend to our users.
Official extensions are (co-)maintained by the Flycheck maintainers who will take care to update official extensions in case of breaking changes in Flycheck and work to provide extra API for extensions if needed. If you’d like to make your extension an official one and move it into the Flycheck Github organisation please contact a maintainer.
If you do know extensions not in this list, or would like to see your own extension here, please feel free to add it.
We would like to thank all people who created and contributed to Flycheck extensions for their awesome work. Without your help and support Flycheck would not be what it is today.
These extensions change Flycheck’s user interface:
- flycheck-color-mode-line (official) colors the mode line according to the Flycheck status.
- flycheck-pos-tip (official) shows Flycheck error messages in a graphical popup.
- liblit/flycheck-status-emoji adds cute emoji (e.g. 😱 for errors) to Flycheck’s mode line status.
- Wilfred/flycheck-title shows Flycheck error messages in the frame title.
These extensions add support for new languages, or improve support for built-in languages. They are grouped by the corresponding language so you can jump directly to the languages that interest you:
- flycheck-d-unittest (official) adds a Flycheck checker to run unit tests for D programs on the fly.
- flycheck-haskell (official) configures Flycheck from the Cabal settings and sandbox in Haskell projects.
- flycheck-rust (official) configures Flycheck according to the Cargo settings and layouts of the current Rust project.